Edit other settings
When you click on the Edit button, the following dialog is shown:
Using this dialog, you can define the following:
- Name: Name of the catalogue (same as in the catalogue list).
- Contact: Same as in the catalogue list.
- Allowed titles: a maximum number of allowed titles. If you leave this cell empty, there won't be any limit except the total number of titles allowed for your ONIXEDIT Server account.
- The Record reference auto-numbering option will produce a sequence of automatic numbers that will be assigned to every new title in that catalogue. Indeed, when a new title is created, you will see [AUTO NUMBER] in the Record reference field and it won't be modifiable:
When the new title is saved, it will receive the next sequence ID available from the server.The sequence starts at 1 unless you change it to something else using the button "Set next RecordReference value for Catalogues with Auto-Numbering activated" that you will find under the catalogues list:
Under the Record reference auto-numbering check-box, you will find 2 tabbed sections:
Use this section to select the possible validation formats that you want to authorize for your ONIXEDIT and ONIXEDIT Cloud users. Only the checked options will be available in the User Access Rights form. Each validation format will add validation rules corresponding to best practices established by organizations such as Booknet Canada, BISG or EDItEUR. By default, only the basic validation rules established by the ONIX standard are applied.
ONIXEDIT Cloud section
The ONIXEDIT Cloud tab present options pertinent for those using ONIXEDIT Cloud with ONIXEDIT Server for ONIX metadata entry:
The following options can be set:
- Export format: By default, this is set to ONIXEDIT, which is the standard long reference ONIX format used internally by ONIXEDIT. You can change it to ONIXEDIT Short or any specialized format supported by ONIXEDIT (for ONIX 2.1 catalogues). The export format is used by the Web interface to produce the ONIX files that a user can get from the Action menu "Export selected titles to ONIX":
- Apply Import Rules to ONIXEDIT Cloud when creating or updating a title: Set this option if you want to configure the same rules for titles added or modified using ONIXEDIT Cloud as those defined for external metadata import. See Import Rules section for more details.
- The "Import/Export to Excel file (web)" panel is used to set the ONIXEDIT import/export script and Excel template that can be used from ONIXEDIT Cloud as an alternative to create or export ONIX metadata to and from Excel files. The import/export script and corresponding Excel template that you will set for a catalogue will define some of the Actions menu items available to web users:
To define an Import/Export script and its corresponding Excel template, proceed as follows:
- Select on your PC a valid Import/Export script that was previously created with the generic flat file import/export module of ONIXEDIT. Refer to the ONIXEDIT User Manual for more details about how to create import/export scripts.
- Select the corresponding Excel file that matches the Import/Export script.
- Save the catalogue settings.